here are some interesting facts about veganism:
- vegan diets help stop the formation of blood vessels that feed cancerous tumors.
- in proven studies, in countries where women eat very little meat and other animal products, the rate of getting breast cancer is much lower.
- all the grain that is used to feed the livestock that will then become meat to consume, could feed 1.3 billion people, which could greatly contribute to ending world hunger.
- 20 per cent of pollution that is man-made actually comes from meat factories.
- according to the novel, “eating animals” by jonathan foer, if every year, one person sticks to a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle, that person will have saved an entire ace of trees.
- 500,000 animals are killed per hour in the united states for meat production.
- nobel prize winner elizabeth blackburn found that a vegan diet caused more than 500 genes to change in three months, alerting genes that can prevent disease and turning off genes that cause cancer, heart disease, and other illnesses.
- the average american eats about 222 pounds of meat per year.
- the original actor who played ronald mcdonald, jeff juliano, is now a vegetarian.
- 150 billion animals are killed every year for meat consumption.